Mattresses For Side Sleepers?
What is The Best Mattress For Side Sleepers?
Firm or soft? Shoulder or Lower Back Pain? Right or Left? Discover Why an OTTY Mattress is particularly suited to sleeping on your side and the best tips for all you side sleepers! Our research covers a lot but the only way to really test this is to trial our mattress for 100 nights. You'll be pleased to know that back sleepers and stomach sleepers can enjoy an OTTY mattress too!
Let's look at the facts!
- 74% sleep on their side compared with 16% preferring to sleep on their front and just 10% choosing to sleep on their back.
- Due to the position of the stomach and gastric juices, one should sleep on the left side rather than the right, which can cause heartburn.
- Sleeping on the left side improves circulation, stimulates the drainage of toxins and helps your brain filter out was te.
- Sleeping on your side gives stress to the shoulders so ideally those with shoulder pain and issues should use another position to sleep.
- Best mattress firmness for side sleepers should be medium-firm (OTTY's rating). This allows the best support and give for the shoulders.
- Medium-firm mattress for side sleepers may also alleviate lower back pain or those with hip pain.
So Far So Good
Lisa 14th September 2018
Fast delivery, good communication. 3 nights use so far with the free pillows and it’s very comfortable. The depth of the mattress is great and our sheets fit perfectly. Mattress is medium firmness providing support but enough softness to allow for contouring. I’m a side sleeper and have fibromyalgia and hip bursitis, so far I have had undisturbed sleep and less aches and pains in waking.
Rachel, 31st August 2018
Great mattress. We were a little nervous of ordering as we hadn't even tried it out, but have to be honest its really comfortable. On the harder side, but that suits us down to the ground. Love it. Ordered it with the pillows and as a side sleeper again was a little worried about how I would get along with them. The support is fabulous. No more bad neck!!!
Sleeping Through The Night For The First Time In Years
Michael, 10th August 2018
It is firmer than I would have 'naturally' chosen in the past. I would agree with their 7/10 for firmness, it is not a 'hard' mattress but has some give, and is comfortable sleeping on my side (I am 82kg) I thought it worth persevering, and after a week, have got used to the feel. The amazing thing is though that I am now, for the first time in years, sleeping through the night - amazing! I'd also say that the delivery company are lovely - just what you'd hope for.
Very Happy Customer
Jay, 27th July 2018
I did huge amounts of research and tested many mattresses before deciding to take the plunge and order a mattress online and I am very happy I did so. The mattress is very comfortable and supportive which is very important for me as I have had spinal surgery, I sleep either on my side or back and it is equally as comfortable in both positions and my partner also finds it very comfortable. I was unsure about the pillows as seem very firm but I love them as well.
Want to try it out for yourself? Trial the mattress under our 100 night risk-free trial and receive a full refund if your sleep does not improve.
OTTY Sleep make no medical claims relating to improvement or resolution of any medical issues or illnesses due to the use of our products, and cannot be held responsible for not making improvements to your condition. We have had numerous claims of improvements of customers' back and joint pain and a number of other conditions, however each individual is different and other customers reviews' cannot act as a promise that the products will bring about the same results for you.